Welcome to the home page of Boy Scout Troop 128 in Milford, Ohio. We're a very active Troop who is chartered by Milford First United Methodist Church in Milford, Ohio.
We're associated with the Dan Beard Council who prepares more than 30,000 young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Scout Law. Within the Dan Beard Council we are part of the Blue Jacket District
The Committee and Leaders of Troop 128 are committed to providing a quality, year-round program of Scouting activities. Special emphasis is placed on character development, skill development, spiritual growth, citizenship and family. We do this through a wide variety of activities and meetings.
It is the purpose of the Boy Scouts Of America and Troop 128 to provide an effective program designed to instill within the youth desirable qualities of character, to train them in the responsibilities of participating citizenship, and to help develop their personal fitness, providing this country with citizens who:
- Are physically, mentally and emotionally fit.
- Have a high degree of self-reliance as evidence in such qualities as initiative, courage and resourcefulness.
- Have personal and stable values firmly based on religious concepts.
- Have the desire and skills to help others.
- Understand the principles of the American social, economic, and government systems.
- Are knowledgeable about and take pride in their American heritage and understand America's role in the world.
- Have a keen respect for the basic rights of all people.
- Are prepared to fulfill the varied responsibilities of participating in and giving leadership to American society and in other forums of the world.
It is the mission of the Boy Scouts Of America to serve others by helping to instill values in young people and, in other ways, to prepare them to make ethical choices during their lifetime in achieving their full potential. The values we strive to instill are based on those found in the Scout Oath and Law.